Maps are the perfect holiday gift and companion to the Global Guardian Project Learning Capsules. In our opinion, maps are one of the greatest human creations. With a good map you can explore the world from anywhere! To help you in the sea of holiday gift giving options, we've created a list of reasons why maps make the best gifts.
- Maps are beautiful + educational. Visual aids are great learning tools for both young and old. In addition to this, maps are also beautiful works of art.
- Maps inspire adventure + curiosity. Explore maps to spark your adventurous side, recall long ago travels and chart your next journey to a faraway land.
- Maps help children understand their place in the world. Global Guardian Project founder and artist, Rebecca Lane, designs maps, specifically to deepen and expand children's knowledge of where on Earth species live, giving children a better understanding of their place on Earth in relation to other species, landscapes, and regions, and how we are all connected.
- Maps are forever. Maps are gifts that are useful forever, They are not wasteful, throwaway consumer products. They will stay with a family as they grow, be used as a reference for life. We think that's incredibly valuable.
- When you give, we give. This holiday season, Global Guardian Project is committed to donating 25% proceeds of map sales to Water.org. Helping millions of people, Water.org provides access to clean water and sanitation to families in developing countries, helping to improve the lives of millions by lifting them from a place of poverty into a life of possibility.
The Global Guardian Project is a learning platform for global minded parents to educate their children on how to be an active part in caring for the planet. We offer a monthly subscription to our learning capsules, which include facts about animals, countries, and more, art projects, interviews, recipes, videos, and podcasts, for $14.99 per month. Visit our store to subscribe and help raise a Little Global Guardian.